Possession är bara helt underbar. Två forskare i modern tid (Gwyneth Palthrow och Aaron Eckhart) undersöker det hemliga förhållandet mellan två 1800-tals poeter, Christabel LaMotte (Jennifer Ehle) och Randolph Henry Ash (Jeremy Northam). Och dom säger such striking stuff. LaMotte: "Judging from your work, I'm suprised you acknowledge my existece, or any woman's for that matter, since you show us such small regard on the page." Ash: "You cut me, madam." LaMotte: "Then I am sorry. I only meant to scratch." Vem skulle inte vilja komma på en sån bra sak att säga? Och deras beskrivningar av när dom träffas. Ash: "I shan't forget the first glimpse of your form. Illuminated as it was by flashes of sunlight. I have dreamt nightly of your face. I have walked the landscapes of my life with the rhythms of your writing ringing in my ears." LaMotte: "I shall never forget our shining progress towards one another. Never have I felt such a concentration of my entire being. I cannot let you burn me up. Nor can I resist you. No mere human can stand in a fire and not be consumed." Ja, jag säger bara det: whatever happened to romance?
Prenumerera på:
Kommentarer till inlägget (Atom)

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar